The parish church of Paulilatino is consecrated in honor of St. Theodore Martyr and is located in the old part of the town, around which the current urban structure has developed over time. Patron of the Byzantine army, from which the cult was probably spread throughout Sardinia, San Teodoro is also the patron saint of Paulilatino and is celebrated on November 9th. The date of construction of the church is not known, but when Paulilatino fell under the administrative jurisdiction of the Camaldolese settlements in Bonarcado, the building of the original plant could be dated around the end of the eleventh century or beginning of the twelfth, work of master monks and local labor. From the church dedicated to the martyr Teodoro we have news from 1342, when the canon Giovanni Capra, Rector of the parish of Paule Latina, paid to the Bishop of Santa Giusta Lire XXV of alfonsini (Rationes Decimarum Sardiniae, n ° 396). Naturally the original plant is no longer recognizable distorted by expansions, restorations and even recent additions. The parish church of San Teodoro is in Gothic-Aragonese style. The present building presents, however, later structures, probably from the 16th century, according to the Sardinian-Catalan type with capilla mayor (capella maggiore) vaulted ribbed and gemmata, side chapels, roof trusses that between 1814 and 1816 was replaced with brick vaults. It has a Latin cross plan with three naves, transept, presbytery and choir. The presbytery is raised above the naves and its domed vault is enriched by a fresco representing Maria Assunta in the sky made in 1827 by Luigi Barberis. The construction of the choir dates back to 1400. The marble floor was made at the expense of the population on the initiative of Rector Loi in 1879 (as emerges from the report for the pastoral visit of 1912). The church has two entrances: a main one disengaged by a wooden three-way compass and a lateral one that opens onto via Roma, not far from the entrance of the church of San Giovanni. Also in the sixteenth century the square-shaped bell tower with raised corner pilasters and slender mirrors currently covered with plaster must be reported.
The belfry has four arched windows and ogival hanging arches marking the upper frame; the crowning is plane with a stone balustrade and a trident battlement. The "onion" dome, covered with polychrome majolica tiles, is of eighteenth-century taste. The construction of the church had to continue throughout the sixteenth century, near the entrance, on the first column to the left of the central aisle, on a concio is engraved the date MDLX [XV] 1560 and the initials C M. On the tympanum of the gate main the engraving 1642 could be to indicate the date of construction of the same portal composed of two semi-columns resting on high plinths supporting a double entablature and the triangular tympanum, decorated inside by an elegant relief with acanthus scrolls and a curved niche with a valviform basin enclosed by a broken tympanum. The latter traces the Renaissance shrine of the Arch. In the cathedral of Oristano, dated 1626, which served as a model to the portal itself. On the same axis a rosette inscribed within a quadrangular frame gives light to the main nave